2020 Annual Cactus Intertie Meeting
March 6-7, 2020
Hotel reservations may be online by clicking here!
HOTEL & MEETING INFORMATION
The 2020 Cactus Intertie System annual meeting will be held on Saturday, March 7th, 2020, at the Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport in Tuscon, AZ. The Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport is located at 6575 South Country Club Road, Tucson, Arizona, 85756. The hotel phone number is 520-741-0505. The hotel is about two blocks from Tucson International Airport (TUS). You may make reservations at the hotel by using the link above. A block of rooms are reserved for this event and a special room rate will be available until February 19th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. Room rate is $115.00 for a king or $124.00 for a suite, per night, plus local taxes. Rooms are available at this rate from March 4th - 10th if you elect to arrive early or leave late.
The meeting will begin at 8:00am, with doors opening at approximately 7:30am. It is suggested you arrive around when the doors open so that you can get checked in and obtain your new operations manual. There will also be a swap table and a raffle prize table available for review and purchase.
For those people that will be using commercial airline transportation to the meeting, you should fly into Tucson International Airport (TUS). You should check with the hotel directly to see if shuttle service is available.
There is limited parking space for motor homes. For those who come and don’t want to dry camp, there is a local KOA about a mile away. Questions regarding the hotel accomdations, the meeting or transportation/parking concerns may be sent to W7JL (John Lanza) (CARBA) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday afternoon, March 6th, there will be a Cactus Intertie System Training session held at the hotel beginning at 4:00 pm. The doors will open at 3PM to allow people time to get in, visit, buy a manual, and get seated. Shortly following the training session, there will be complentary beer and pizza served.
Saturday evening, March 7th, a buffet dinner will be served at the hotel beginning at 5pm. The cost is $40 per person, inclusive of tax and gratuity. Entree options include salmon or brisket, a mushroom stack, salid and a drink (water, ice tea, soda). There will be an open bar available. The cutoff date for making your dinner confirmation is February 28th.
2020 Cactus Meeting Swap Table Information!
This is your opportunity to bring out some of that junk that's been collecting in the garage, on the workbench, or the kitchen table. Now's the time to root around and find a few items to bring along! Turn it into cash, or perhaps trade with another member for something more useful! Looking for something obscure? In need of a new project? Who knows! It might just be sitting on the Swap Table!
Rules are simple:
- Items must be of an amateur or commercial radio nature. No computer junk, 11 meter rigs, etc.
- Small to medium sized items only, please. We simply can't handle your quarter-kW MICOR's.
- Please conduct swap table deals before and after the meeting, during breaks and during lunch so as to not detract from the meeting.
- The CII and its affiliates cannot be held liable for swap table activities, you buy, sell and trade at your own risk.
- Items must be clearly marked with your asking price, name and call sign so people know what you want for it, and who to talk to about it.
- Unsold items are the responsibility of the seller to remove if they aren't sold by the end of meeting activities (after dinner). Abandoned items become the property of Cactus Intertie, Incorporated.
- Fun must be had with the swap table activity!
Cactus Intertie, Inc. encourages everyone attending the meeting to participate in this activity. The more the merrier! We will have a couple of tables set up at the meeting for you to place your items on or under. If you have questions or need help, feel free to ask Chris Baldwin/KF6AJM or any of the other meeting staff for assistance. We look forward to your participation!